- 6 ounces slender green beans, trimmed, halved
- 5 6-ounce cans solid white tuna packed in oil, drained, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil reserved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Niçois olives* or pitted Kalamata olives
- 7 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 5-ounce bag mesclun salad mix
Place green beans in processor. Using on/off turns, coarsely chop. Place in large bowl. Mix in tuna, tomatoes, olives, and 4 tablespoons mint. Season with salt and pepper.
Place olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, cumin and remaining 3 tablespoons mint in processor. Process until well blended. With machine running, slowly add 1/4 cup drained tuna oil. Process until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Place mesclun in another bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons tuna oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; toss. Transfer to platter. Arrange tuna salad over mesclun. Drizzle dressing over. Garnish with lemon wedges.
* Small brine-cured olives; available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.