Giblets (the heart, liver, gizzard, and neck) really deepen a gravy's flavor.
- Pan juices reserved in turkey roasting pan from Salt-Roasted Turkey with Lemon and Oregano or from any other roast turkey
- 4 1/2 cups (or more) Ultimate Turkey Stock or low-salt chicken broth
- Neck, heart, and gizzard reserved from Ultimate Turkey Stock
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Scrape reserved pan juices and any browned bits from turkey roasting pan into 8-cup measuring cup. Spoon off fat from surface and reserve 1/2 cup (or supplement with butter). Add enough Ultimate Turkey Stock to juices to measure 5 1/2 cups total. Pull meat from turkey neck. Chop neck meat, heart, and gizzard and reserve.
Place roasting pan over 2 burners. Add 1/2 cup reserved fat; heat over medium heat. Add onion. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour. Cook until flour browns, about 3 minutes. Whisk in stock mixture, then wine. Boil until gravy thickens and coats spoon, scraping up any browned bits, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in oregano, lemon juice, and giblets. Season with salt and pepper.