- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, 2 inches of bottom stems trimmed and discarded, tops and remaining stems coarsely chopped
Place rice in large sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Drain. Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and stir 3 minutes. Stir in broth and salt. Sprinkle cilantro over. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork. Transfer to bowl and serve.