- 10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8 standard (⅓-cup) muffin cups with paper liners. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour, then milk. Divide batter among prepared cups (about ⅓ cup each). Bake cupcakes until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 18–20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool.
Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another medium bowl until smooth. Beat in orange juice and lemon juice. Spread frosting over cupcakes.