- 1 pound dried pinto beans (2 1/4 cups)
- 12 bacon slices (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
Place beans in large bowl. Add enough water to cover by 3 inches. Let stand overnight. Drain beans; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in heavy large pot until crisp, about 8 minutes. Add beans and all remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to boil.
Transfer pot to oven. Bake uncovered until beans are tender and liquid thickens, stirring occasionally, about 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring beans to simmer before serving.)