- 1 Asian pear, cored, quartered
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces filet mignon, cut into very small cubes (about 1/8')
Peel 1 pear quarter; cut into very small cubes (about 1/8"). Place in a small bowl and toss with 1/4 tsp. lemon juice. Cut remaining pear quarters into thin slices. Place in a medium bowl and toss with remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice.
Whisk scallions, soy sauce, 1 tsp. sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add filet mignon and pear cubes and gently toss until just combined; season to taste with salt.
Neatly spoon tartare over pear slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. sesame seeds and garnish with chives.